A correctly installed, quality roof is crucial to keeping a home’s integrity. The roof needs to do more than just keep wind and rain out of the house. It should also help the house to “breathe” by permitting moisture-laden air created in the house or in the attic space to escape. If it does not, when the warm air collides with cold items in the attic, it results in condensation. Condensation is water, and water leaking inside a home can produce a host of other associated problems such as rot and structural weak points.
The first step is always to accurately and completely assess your roof and any damages. To evaluate the quality of your roof, follow this assessment checklist.
Here’s a roofing examination list:
- Broken caulk or rust spots on flashing.
- Shingles that are buckling, curling, or blistering.
- Missing out on or broken shingles.
- Cracked and used rubber boots around vent pipelines.
- Missing or harmed chimney cap. (OK, that’s technically not part of your roof, however because you’re looking anyhow.).
- Masses of moss and lichen, which could signify the roof is decaying underneath.
- Black algae stains are simply cosmetic.
- If you find stacks of colored grit from asphalt roof tiles in the gutters, that’s a bad indication– those sand-like granules cover the surface of roof shingles and shield them from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays. Check the age of your roofing and see if it’s nearing the end of its life process.
Working With Your Claims Adjuster.
Now that you know how your roof is damaged, its time to find our exactly what you’re entitled to. It’s time to move on to applying for a claims change for your house repair. This will put you on excellent footing in having your claim properly and relatively adjusted. You wish to make this a cooperative process– not an adversarial one. Preparing yourself will help keep your relationship with your adjuster positive and clear.
Keep in mind that many claims adjusters are mostly responsible to the insurer– not to you as the property owner. Being ready for this dynamic is the key to dealing with your claims adjuster.
Roofing Inspections are a courtesy service
At Greentek Property Solutions we want you to have the most secure roof possible, so we will have your roof inspected in a complete fashion. You can depend on our roofing experts to give you the most comprehensive report on any damages or problem areas. Call our office in Tampa today at (877) 389-0632 and schedule an appointment with us. Alternately, you can also use this convenient form to send us a message.