In some cases a roof can naturally reach completion of its helpful life without experiencing a roof failure. It simply looks old and used, and you are doing preventive upkeep on your home. If changing an old roof is postponed, nevertheless, it might lead to larger problems down the road. So look for the warning signs to be sure to provide yourself lots of time to add the job to your home improvement list. Pebblestone Construction in partnership with Greentek Roofing and Solar have some great information about the right timing.
Visual signs that you might need a roof replacement:
- Shingle edges are curled or shingle tabs are cupped.
- Bald spots where granules are missing out on.
- Cracked shingles.
- Your roof is at least 20 years old; while numerous shingles today are produced for sturdiness, lots of factors can accelerate the aging of shingles. For example, if your roof is not appropriately aerated, it can negatively affect your shingles.
- The roof simply looks old and used.
- Neighbors are getting new roofs. Residences developed around the very same time period can be experiencing the exact same types of weather can suggest that your roof is nearing its helpful life.
- Dark streaks. Airborne algae cause dark streaks on roof decks. While this may not necessarily hurt the roof shingles, it might not look good. Algae streaks can be eliminated utilizing a 50:50 mix of water and bleach sprayed on your roof. It is important to utilize a low volume garden pipe so you do not knock the protective granules off your shingles. It is likewise important that you safeguard your landscaping from the bleach run-off.
- Moss can grow on roof surfaces that do not get much sunlight, specifically in cool, damp climates. The development of moss can be more than a cosmetic concern. Moss holds moisture against the roof surface area and overtime in freezing environments can trigger damage to the granules on the top of the shingles. Moss can be brushed off but it will not prevent it from growing once again; take care not to damage the shingle surface. You may have to contact Greentek Roofing and Solar about that.
How long can I go before getting a roof replacement?
Here are some common estimates to think about for how frequently to change a property or commercial roof:
- Metal Roofs: 50-75 years
- Rubber Roofs: 30-50 years
- Wood Shingles: 20-25 years
- Asphalt Shingles: 15-30 years
- Composition Shingles: 12-20 years
Whether you need a roof replacement or just some repairs, Pebblestone Construction in partnership with Greentek Roofing and Solar is here to help. Please call us today at (877) 389-0632 and set up an appointment for your free roof inspection. You can also send us a message by using our easy contact form.